Who runs the NSZZ "S"
- font size decrease font size increase font size
The structure of the Union
The Union is organised on territorial-branch basis. The territorial organisational units of the Union are trade union organisations on enterprise and inter-enterprise level as well as the regions units. National and regional branch secretariats and national and regional branch sections constitute the branch organisational units. Moreover, problem structures, including professional ones, may be created.
The Union has legal personality. Also, enterprise organisations, supra-enterprise organisations, inter-enterprise organisations, regions and national branch secretariats have legal personality.
The authorities of the Union
The term of office of each authority is 4 years. Exceptionally, the National Commission may extend or reduce the term of office of specific authorities, however by not more than 4 months.
There are following types of authorities in the Union and its organisational units:
- decision-making - elects the executive and supervisory bodies
- executive - conducts the activities of any given organisational unit and represents it towards any outside parties or other organisational units of the Union, conducts the financial policy of the unit, adopts and confirms the budget.
The National Congress of Delegates is the highest decision-making authority of the Union. The Congress is composed of:
- delegates elected by general assemblies of regional delegates
- presidents of the regional boards
- presidents of the national councils of the branch secretariats,
- all other members of the National Commission elected by the National Congress of Delegates.
The Congress defines the policy and action programme of the Union, elects the president, part of the members of the National Commission and the National Supervisory Commission.
The National Commission - the highest executive body of the Union. The Commission elects its presidium. The Commission is composed of:
- president of the National Commission
- presidents of the regional boards
- presidents of the national councils of branch secretariats
- delegates elected by the general assemblies of regional delegates
The Commission is entitled to conclude collective agreements and performing any other legal actions referring to the agreements on behalf of NSZZ "Solidarnosc", and also may extend this right to specific executive bodies of the organisational units of the Union. The National Commission confirms the composition of its presidium by the motion of the president.
National Supervisory Commission - the highest supervisory authority of the union elected by the National Congress of Delegates.
General assembly of delegates - the highest decision-making body of a region.
The regional board is the executive body that elects its presidium. The regional board is composed of:
- president of the regional board
- presidents of the executive bodies of the regional and branch organisational units and president of the regional council of retired workers
- all the other members of the regional board elected by the General Assembly of the Region.
The regional board co-ordinates the activities of the organisational units of the Union in the region and represents the Union in talks with employers and their organisations, local governments and state administration and other organisations and institutions. Regional board concludes supra-enterprise collective agreements for the workers employed in its territory.
Regional supervisory commission is the supervisory body for region.
The congress of secretariat - the highest decision-making body of a branch secretariat.
The highest executive body is the council of the secretariat that elects its presidium. The council is composed of:
- president of the national branch secretariat
- presidents of the national branch sections of the national branch secretariat
- all other members of the national branch secretariat elected by the congress of secretariat.
The council of national branch secretariat represents the Union in the area of functioning of a given sector in talks with employers' organisations and, authorised by the National Commission, with state administration. The council of national branch secretariat concludes supra-enterprise collective agreements in the area of a given sector or authorises specific section council to do so.
Supervisory commission of secretariat is the supervisory body.
Presidium is the executive body. Its task is to conduct day to day activities of a given organisational structure of the Union. Presidium is composed of its president and persons elected by the presidents' motion from among the members of executive body, incl. deputy president(s), secretary and treasurer. The president of an executive body is at the same time the president of its presidium.