The regional Union authorities are:
- the Regional Convention of Delegates;
- the Regional Board;
- the Regional Audit Commission;
Term of office shall last 4 years.
The Regional Board convenes the Regional Convention of Delegates. The Convention determines the frequency of the regular sessions. The Regional Board is obliged to call an extraordinary session at the motion of the Regional Audit Commission, of enterprise commissions representing at least 1/5 of all regional members, or of 1/5 of the delegates to the Regional Convention. In case the Regional Board fails to do so within one month following the motion - the extraordinary session shall be convened by the Regional Audit Commission.
The Regional Convention of Delegates has the authority to:
- adopt a program of activities for the regional organisation of the Union;
- adopt the binding resolutions for all union?s structures operating in the region, excluding these resolutions which adoption was explicitly stipulated in the constitution for other representative authorities;
- elect the chairperson, members of the Regional Board and Regional Audit Commission. The number of members of the Regional Board and Audit Commission shall beset by the Regional Convention;
- elect delegates to the National Congress of Delegates;
- examine the reports of the Regional Board and the Regional Audit Commission and grant the vote of acceptance to the Regional Board for its previous activity;
- set membership dues within the limits established by the National Congress.
The Regional Board is the supreme authority for the Enterprise Commissions and regional branch structures within its territorial jurisdiction.
The Regional Board is composed of:
- the chairperson;
- the members elected by Regional Convention;
- the elected representatives of the regional branch structures according to the provisions ratified by the Regional Convention.
The Regional Board is authorised to carry out the following activities:
- electing the members of the Presidium among the Regional Board members, with the exception of the chairperson of the region;
- representing the regional trade union organisation vis-a-vis employers, the government, state and economic administrative bodies, local governments and other organisations and institutions in region of jurisdiction. In matters, supra-regional in nature, exceeding its power of authority and administration in its region, the Regional Board shall be represented by the national authorities of the Union;
- establishing directives for the activities of the regional trade union organisation;
- periodical performance review of the activity of the Regional Board's Presidium;
- adopting the budget of the regional union organisation;
- taking the decision to strike.
The Presidium is composed of: the chairperson, vice-chairpersons, secretary, treasurer, and other members of the Regional Board, whose number shall be determined by the Regional Convention of Delegates.
The Presidium of the Regional Board is empowered with the following authority:
- manage the daily activity of the Union in accordance with the resolutions ratified by the Congress, and the National Commission's directives;
- conduct legal affairs by at least two persons, appointed from among the members of the Presidium;
- take financial decisions in accordance with the resolutions of the National Commission.
- bringing forward a motion to the Regional Board to declare a strike, which would include more than one enterprise within the region.
The Regional Audit Commission shall supervise the compatibility of the activities of the Regional Board and its Presidium with the National Commission and National Congress resolutions.
The authorities of the enterprise Union organisation (Local) are:
- the General Meeting of the Members or Delegates;
- the Enterprise Commission;
- the Enterprise Audit Commission.
The respective provisions of this Constitution concerning the regional authorities of the Union are applicable in determining the competency and rules of functioning of Enterprise Commission authorities, excepting the following:
- the General Meeting of Members (delegates) determines the internal structure of the enterprise union organisation;
- in matters concerning supra-enterprise issues, exceeding the powers of the employer (founding body), the Enterprise Commission will turn to the regional authorities or regional branch structures for either intervention by them or for their granting the Local their authorisation;
- the Enterprise Commission also is empowered to exercise the rights specified by the Labour Code and the Act on Trade Unions (in larger enterprises the above may be exercised by departmental organisations or Presidium of Enterprise Commissions upon authorisation by the enterprise organisation) and, in particular:
a) passing resolutions on the use of the social and housing funds, as provided for by the legal regulations governing trade union activities;
b) passing resolutions concerning employment, promotion, bonuses and wages of employees, as well as the termination of labour contracts, as provided for by the regulations of the labour law (in larger enterprises the above functions may be performed by Departmental Commissions and Presidium of the Enterprise Commission);
c) concluding agreements on work and wage conditions with employers;
- the Enterprise Commission may form a Presidium and grant it some of its powers.
The Union Chapter (small union organisation which is not a local but can join a local or directly join the Regional Board) is run by the Chapter Commission.
The chairperson of the Chapter has the authority to issue opinions concerning the Chapter and its members.